Thursday, August 27, 2009

Reynosa Tamaulipas

A friend of mine was recently in Reynosa, and he came back with a CD that contained this gem of a song. It's been stuck in my mind for the last few weeks, and luckily, I was able to find a YouTube video of this glorious life altering song. I don't think it's possible for a song to create a more funny and truthful picture of Reynosa or perhaps of any bordertown. My goal is to one day start a fake Tejano band and do a heartfelt trashy tribute to Pharr, but I need to learn the accordion before I do that and get cowboy boots. So anyways, *Drumroll* REYNOSA LA MALDOSA:

2 comments:

  1. lol I don't think I was suppose to like the song this much for me to loop it

    I can see all the blunts and coke being passed as this was being recorded

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point lol, I imagine the drugs must have been flowing when this was being created.

    ReplyDelete